3Red is invested in campus recruitment. We understand the value of recruiting top students right out of school and that's why we dedicate a ton of time to our campus program. We look for people that are intellectually curious, love a challenge, and are someone we would want to sit next to. We have really great experienced people and are looking to bring in some excellent campus talent in the coming years.
Click here to read about our interns' experiences at 3Red.
- Work 1:1 with an experienced mentor to learn and grow your skillset
- Work on a team to write production full stack software for a live trading system
- Global market data caching service
- Write software to visualize and monitor real time market information
- Real-time monitoring and reporting of market events and price information
- Develop tools for collection and analysis of big data using distributed processing toolkits
- Code in C++ and Python (If you know Java, C, or C#, that's cool too)
- You'll actually trade with us
- Learn and manage portfolio of trades
- Historical data analysis
- Help optimize historical simulation processes
- Write scripts to maintain and improve trades; script in languages such as Python/R
- Work closely with trading leads, technologists, compliance, and risk
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, bash, perl, etc.)
- Experience with at least one compiled language (C, C++, Java, etc.)
- Strong understanding of network programming and general computer architecture
- Flexibility to perform multiple roles and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Eager to learn professional software development practices, processes and tools
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Curious and self-directed learner
- Ability to work in a group
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quantitative background
- Some experience with a programming language
- Good intuition; probabilistic thinking
- Ability to collaborate on projects with others but also work independently when needed
- Interest in financial markets
Our 3Red internships are a 10 week program over the summer. As an intern, you are given a project or multiple projects to work on depending on our needs at that time. The work you do will be used. We do not give any fluff work and your contribution actually matters. We believe this helps our interns to really get a feel for what it would be like to work at 3Red. When you join the 3Red team, you matter! It is important for you to know that our interns also get 1:1 time with their mentors for the summer. Our interns work directly with their team lead on their summer projects. We do give our interns the freedom to work on their own, but they are also learning from the best as they go along!
For our interns, their projects are their main priority. However, we also like to have a good time here at 3Red! We plan fun events all over Chicago for our interns and full time employees. This gives everyone a chance to get to know each other on a personal level. Chicago has many great attractions and we try to incorporate as many as we can into our intern program. 3Red is looking forward to a great summer and many more to come!